Post twou Auger
We have various sizes of post hole augers available, including 4 inch post hole augers, 6 inch post hole augers, 8 inch post hole augers, 9 inch post hole augers, 12 inch post hole augers, 18 inch post hole augers, and 24 inch post hole augers. It’s worth noting that soil and surface conditions can affect the ease of digging, and different post hole auger sizes may be more suitable for different projects.
It seems that the most common sizes of post hole augers range from around 4 to 12 inches in diameter, with some larger sizes available for digging deeper or wider holes. When choosing an post hole auger size, it is important to consider the size of the post or object you are trying to install, as well as the soil type and depth. It is also important to note that larger post hole augers require more power to operate and are typically more expensive.
▍Best Post Hole Auger for Sale
▍Post Hole Auger for 3 Point Post Hole Diggers
|Auger Dyamèt||Duty & Length||pwa||SKU|
|6 "||Compact – 36″||21||23-033|
|9 "||Compact – 36″||32||23-035|
|12 "||Compact – 36″||43||23-037|
|6 "||Standard – 48″||23||23-032|
|9 "||Standard – 48″||34||23-034|
|12 "||Standard – 48″||49||23-036|
|6 "||Heavy – 48″||31||23-040|
|9 "||Heavy – 48″||42||23-041|
|12 "||Heavy – 48″||60||23-042|
|18 "||Heavy – 48″||99||23-043|
|24 "||Heavy – 48″||125||23-044|
▍Features of Tractor Post Hole Augers
Tractor post hole augers are specialized digging tools that are designed to attach to tractors, and are typically used for larger-scale digging projects. Here are some features of tractor post hole augers:
Attachment – These tractor post hole augers attach to the tractor’s power take-off (PTO shaft) system and are powered by the tractor’s engine.
Blade Diameter – Tractor post hole augers typically have larger blades than hand-held augers, with a diameter that can range from 6 inches all the way up to 36 inches.
Depth – These tractor post hole augers are designed to dig deeper holes than hand-held augers, with an average depth of around 10 feet.
Power – Tractor post hole augers have more power than hand-held augers, which makes them more efficient at digging and allows them to tackle more challenging digging projects.
Size – These tractor post hole augers are typically larger and heavier than hand-held augers, and may require more than one person to attach them to the tractor.
Control – Tractor post hole augers are typically controlled by the operator in the tractor seat. Some models may have a joystick control that allows for easy manipulation of the auger direction.
Blade Design – The blade design of tractor post hole augers is typically more heavy-duty than that of hand-held augers, with sharper points and more durable materials that can handle tougher digging conditions.
Compatibility – It’s important to ensure that the tractor post hole auger is compatible with the make and model of the tractor it will be attached to, as well as any other equipment that may be used alongside it (such as a backhoe).
▍Applications of Post Hole Augers for Tractor
Post hole augers for tractors are highly versatile tools that can be used in a wide variety of applications. Here are just a few of the applications of post hole augers for tractors:
(1) Farming & Agriculture – Tractor post hole augers can be used for a variety of tasks related to farming and agriculture, such as digging holes for fence posts, planting trees or crops, or installing irrigation systems.
(2) Landscaping – These tractor post hole augers are a popular tool for landscaping projects, such as planting shrubs or bushes, installing retaining walls or decorative fencing, or digging holes for outdoor lighting fixtures.
(3) Construction – Tractor post hole augers are frequently used in construction projects, such as building foundations or footings, installing sign posts or flag poles, or digging trenches for electrical or plumbing work.
(4) Mining – These tractor post hole augers are often used in mining operations for drilling into the ground in search of minerals or other valuable resources.
(5) Geotechnical Engineering – In the field of geotechnical engineering, post hole augers are used for various soil testing, groundwater monitoring wells, and soil sampling applications.
(6) Infrastructure – Tractor post hole augers are also commonly used by utility companies for digging holes for utility poles or anchor points, as well as by municipalities for installing traffic signs or poles.
▍PTO Shaft for Tractor Post Hole Augers
A PTO shaft (Power Take-Off) is used to transfer power from a tractor to an implement such as a post hole auger. Post hole augers are used for digging holes in the ground for fence posts, sign posts, and other purposes. To attach a post hole auger to the PTO arbr of a tractor, follow these steps:
1. Ensure that the PTO shaft on the tractor is turned off and disengaged.
2. Attach the female end of the PTO shaft to the tractor’s PTO stub.
3. Insert the male end of the PTO shaft into the coupling on the post hole auger.
4. Make sure that the PTO shaft is secured in place with the locking pin.
5. Engage the PTO shaft on the tractor and begin operating the post hole auger.
6. Make sure to use the tractor post hole auger at the correct speed for digging and to stop digging periodically to clean the auger of loosened soil.
7. When finished, disengage the PTO shaft on the tractor and remove the PTO shaft from the post hole auger.